All Legion of Mary at Our Lady of the Pillar
The Legion of Mary is an organization of Catholic men and women offering their services to our parish clergy to aid them in performing spiritual works in the parish. With the help of Mary, they can develop greater holiness in their own lives as well as spreading a deeper devotion to Mary among others. In other words, the evangilization and sanctification of the members and the Christian formation of their conscience.
- The personal sanctification of its members taking Mary as their model to imitate her virtues, especially, Faith, Charity, and Humillity.
- Spread devotion to Mary mainly by encouraging the recitation of the Rosary.
- The peformance of apostolic work under the direction of the Spiritual Director of the parish unit of the Legion.
Types of Membership
There are two types of membership:
- Active Members – Requires a willingness to fulfill each and every duty which membership in the Legion involves:
- Attendance of a weekly meeting of the Praesidium.
- Daily recitation of the Catena (Legion Prayer).
- The performance of a substantial assigned apostolic work weekly. Example ofapostolic work; visiting and bringing Communion to the homebound, sick in hospitals and Nursing Homes, greeting new members of the parish, spreading devotion to the Rosary, assisting the priest as Eucharistic Minister, Lector, and Altar Server during the daily Mass.
- An obligation not to discuss with other matters learned at the meeting or in connection with their work
- Auxiliary Members – Praying members. All prayers are to be offered for the intentions of our Blessed Lady.
- Daily recitation of the prayers in the Legion Tessera.
- Daily praying of the Rosary.